· Archway Project: Design and construct archway as entrance to community garden using materials found in nature (i.e. limbs, twigs, vines, etc.)
· Brush Clearing (Garden) Project: Clear brush to open up the community garden space (front entrance, garden beds and stage)
· Brush Clearing (Trail) Project Clear brush/bittersweet in order to reclaim 60 year-old apple trees
· Community Garden Enhancements Project: Assemble picnic tables/benches to enhance outdoor stage area and build/ready 10 new raised beds for community garden area (fill with loam)
· Nature Trail: Blaze nature trail through woods up to the hilltop eagle habitat. Build small bridge over wet area and clear out debris at the site (old tires, etc.)
Timberland has been partnering with local community groups for over 20 years and brings a wealth of experience and enthusiasm to this effort. Timberland not only provides the volunteers but also the tools, materials/supplies and organization to make this a success.
The RGLSC will provide lunch to the volunteers, and we are currently working on finding sponsors to help support this.
We are also planning to host an open house for town residents at the end of the day to help us celebrate the day of service and also kick off the community’s new trails and garden expansion. This is a beautiful piece of property that we want our residents to enjoy for many years to come. Please stay tuned as we work out the details.
The RGLSC thanks Timberland for this wonderful opportunity. We also thank our growing list of supporters and sponsors:
Town of Rollinsford: $200
Rollinsford PTO: $200
American Legion: use of parking lot and bathroom facilities
(Timberland will also supply porta-potties)
If you would like to contribute to our efforts, we will be at the PTO penny sale on March 30 at the American Legion (12-4pm) conducting a membership drive.